Polar has announced its new V800 training computer.
The new V800 is a high end device aimed at professional athletes and demanding amateurs. It features a wide range of integrated capabilities, and is suitable for multisports enthusiasts.
- Smart and accurate monitoring of training sessions with an integrated activity tracker that automatically adjusts your recovery status to give a true account of how much rest you get in between hard sessions. Now every movement is registered, from your toughest workout to a walk up the stairs.
- Instant analysis and in-depth insights into all your training and recovery on the Polar V800 when used with the Polar Flow web service.
- Records your heart rate even while swimming – making it perfect for triathletes – and includes the most accurate altitude readings with a built-in barometric pressure sensor.
- Rechargeable battery which offers up to 14 hours of training time, 50 hours in low power GPS mode, or 30 days in time mode with 24/7 activity monitoring.
- Running Index data shows your aerobic fitness and running economy.
- Orthostatic Test to help you avoid over-training by gaining insight into recovery status over the long term. You can access four weeks of your training history at the touch of a button
- Gorilla Glass face set in stainless steel with an aluminum core and soft, breathable polyurethane straps.
- Updatable software which will allow users to add new features from the comfort of their own home as they become available. The wireless connection to a smartphone creates the possibility for further features, such as SMS notification and music control, which will be added as updates later in 2014.
- Power monitoring function for serious cyclists, which will be available mid-2014 to be used in conjunction with new Bluetooth Smart power pedals.
The Polar V800 with integrated GPS will be available around the world in April for a suggested retail price of €399.90 (€449.90 with heart rate sensor) with UK prices TBC.