Suunto has brought its latest range of heart rate monitors to the UK, the Suunto M series.
Designed to be easy to use the M series devices tell you when to train, how long for, and how hard you need to work. There is, says Suunto, no technical jargon or long set-up time to cope with.
Needless to say we already have a new M series device in and are preparing to test it. In the mean time, read on to learn more about the M series.
- Creating a personal, automatically-updating exercise programme. Three targets to choose from: improve fitness, manage weight, free training
- Suggesting a workout for the day. Shown on the display each morning; based on 7-day programme
- Live guidance during your workout. Advice on when to work harder or ease down, recovery time recommendation
- Summary of what you’ve achieved including motivational messages
- Easy to use. Three buttons, big and clear display, nine language options (English, German, Italian, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Swedish, Finnish, Dutch).
Suunto M1 – introductory level; real-time guidance; heart rate and calories burned; automatically switches between three different heart rate zones for personal exercise targets; comfortable heart rate belt compatible with most gym cardio equipment
Suunto M2 – all the features of the M1 but with the additional Suunto Dual Comfort Belt (compatible with gym cardio equipment and Suunto Fitness Solution)
Suunto M4 – start-up fitness test; 3 personal targets to choose from; real-time guidance during workout; displays exercise programme for next 7 days; Dual Comfort Belt; can upload data to Movescount.com with optional Suunto Movestick
Suunto M5 – all features of M4 but can also download any training programme from Movescount.com; displays recovery time recommendation after exercise; tracks speed and distance (with optional Suunto Foot, Bike and GPS PODS)
The Suunto M series is available in a range of colours including pink, fuchsia, turquoise, silver, gold and black.
We’ve got a black M4 to test. Watch this space for a full review soon.